-->

January 9, 2012

Starting Fresh In 2012! A new year, with new goals, and a new focus.


It has once again come around to the time when we have stuffed ourselves to the gills, exchanged gifts, spent time with loved ones, put the holiday decor away, and rang in a brand new year. While I am so grateful and blessed to have this new year upon us like a grand sunrise brings in a new day,  I have realized my to-do list for 2011 is packed with left overs like Grammy's fridge! 2011 was full of wonderful life moments. We welcomed a new baby girl home and into our family, made a pilgrimage to see my husband's family that was several years overdue, and we have made some wonderful new friends. We also realized that texting is an absolute essential part of everyday life. Becoming a mother of four, living as a military spouse, having an obsessive need to hunt for bargains, thrift, craft, revive old furniture, homeschooling, and now suffering from an overwhelming desire to grow stuff in the dirt, has lead me to a conclusion. Take last years to-do list, add to it, make it this year's to-do list, and share the victories and pitfalls with seemingly the whole world.

I love reading blogs, and have written a little here and there on my own. This blog will be my attempt to share and compile information that I find inspiring. It's true that in the past I have had trouble utilizing social media. Frankly, I'm scared to death that having your business on the internet in front of God and everyone has not been the healthiest situation for many people, and do not want my own family to fall prey. However, I realize that it is such an important tool for staying in touch with friends and family, while networking with new connections. I totally see what all the hype is about. The creative part of myself just loves to seek and find other people with the same drive to keep on creating one project at a time. For the first time in a long time, I feel as though I may have something to contribute. Could what I blog about inspire someone else on their journey to creative bliss? Could my experience give someone else a chuckle and understanding that they are not alone; motherhood, womanhood, and being human are full of humbling moments?

I have also decided that by blogging, I'm actually creating a journal. A digital journal, that I hope I can share with my friends, family, and especially my children. I don't know where this technology will advance to next. It totally boggles my mind at how far it has advanced in just my 32 years. Who knew that twenty years ago the little card game called UNO that helped me to learn to add and recognize numbers, would be available for my ten-year-old to play as a video game on my slimmer-than-my-pocketbook mobile phone!?! Huh?...(It's the little things that amuse me the most.)

What I do know, is that if Blogger has space for one more kooky character, who is a creative nut job, with a passion for loving and encouraging people; well here we go!


Thanks to socializeyourbusiness.com for the above graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Let me know what you think of these crazy posts!